BusinessUS (www.bizbank.us) is well represented at the annual SBA Lending Technical Conference hosted by the National Association of Government Guaranteed Lenders (NAGGL), as the firm’s CEO Norris Lozano, and 27-year SBA veteran Stephanie Bitters, its Managing Director of SBA Lending & Chief Credit Officer, have arrived in Bonita Springs, Florida.
The BusinessUS executives arrive from a week of meetings on Washington and New York.
Read the FULL RELEASE
“These seven innovators are having a major influence on technology, healthcare and the government. Their ideas are changing the ways we do business and are addressing broader issues of national security, gender bias, world poverty and the state of the startup community at large. We’ve got our eye on these powerful women. You should, too.”
Read the article here
~ Norris Lozano, BusinessUS
“Just seek out, recruit and hire college graduates who played team sports like soccer, lacrosse, or football, says DREW GREENBLAT, President of Marlin Steel, in an article in Inc., magazine for entrepreneurs.
At BusinessUS and in previous ventures, we’ve found that team members who played on teams (or played in professional bands – for many of the same reasons) have learned important qualities that translate perfectly to a successful small business.
It’s not just athletes, by the way, but specifically team-sport athletes. “…those who played on teams will inject wonderful energy into your firm, driven by solid character traits that will power both their and your firm’s success,” Greenblat says.
Qualities that team-sport athletes bring a company include:
1) Cooperative Mindset – Playing on a team forces learning and communication.
2) Competitive Hustle – Aggressive pursuit for the ball is similar to the mental exertion required to land an account or hit a challenging sales target.
3) Clean Mind & Body – Hangovers don’t work on game day and practice sessions. Years of clean living establish a pattern that sets the team athlete apart from many conventional college grads.
4) Discipline – Waking up early day after day to make it to grueling practices and forgoing typical college distractions takes unique inner strength.
5) Perseverence – Lose a game and dust yourself off. It happens. You have to get up the next morning and fight to win again.
I really appreciate the strong and simple guidance here.
As you might expect, the SBA website is full of useful information about small business loans.
It will take a little digging to get through it all, and from time to time we’ll try to help push the best stuff forward.
Read on to learn 6 steps to Getting a Small Business Loan.
As the great Michael Jordan said, “Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships.”
~ Norris Lozano, CEO, BusinessUS